2. Privacy Principles
The National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) set out 10 National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”).
(The NPPs can be viewed at http://www.privacy.gov.au/materials/types/infosheets/view/6583.)
Sunshine Blinds respects an individual’s right to personal privacy and is committed to complying with the NPPs.
3. Collection and Use of Information
Sunshine Blinds only collect information that is necessary in connection with Sunshine Blinds dealings with you. Where practicable and where required by the NPPs, you will be notified of any special purpose for which the information is being collected at or before the time of collection.
Sunshine Blinds do not collect information when you visit the Sunshine Blinds website unless you sign-in using your self generated user name and password.
- register your details on the Sunshine Blinds website, you will be asked to provide such information as Sunshine Blinds requires for that purpose;
- place an order with Sunshine Blinds using the Sunshine Blinds website, you will be asked to provide such information as is necessary for Sunshine Blinds to consider your order and do necessary things depending on whether your order is accepted or rejected;
- enter a competition using the Sunshine Blinds website, you will be asked to provide such information as is necessary for Sunshine Blinds to consider your entry and do necessary things in accordance with the terms and conditions of such competition;
- make an enquiry with Sunshine Blinds about orders or competitions or the products of Sunshine Blinds, you will be asked to provide such information as is necessary for Sunshine Blinds to consider and respond to your enquiry; or
- otherwise transact or interact with Sunshine Blinds, you will be asked to provide such information as is necessary for Sunshine Blinds to transact or interact with you.
Without such information, Sunshine Blinds would be unable to do those things.
Sunshine Blinds may share this information with third parties that are involved in doing those things, such as manufacturers of made to measure, and other custom or specially ordered, goods, the financial institution that issued your credit card, carriers to deliver goods and prizes to you and things incidental to those things.
Sunshine Blinds may also use the information:
- to send you news, invitations, information about Sunshine Blinds activities and general promotional materials which Sunshine Blinds believe may be of interest or relevance to you;
- to maintain a relationship with you;
- for purposes related to Sunshine Blinds’ research, planning, web site development, security and risk management;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire an interest in Sunshine Blinds or the business of Sunshine Blinds; or
- to the extent Sunshine Blinds are required or authorised by law to do so.
Sunshine Blinds may also utilise “cookies” which enable Sunshine Blinds to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the Sunshine Blinds website.
Other than as set out in this 3, Sunshine Blinds do not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of this website or otherwise transacting or interacting with Sunshine Blinds.
By you using this website or otherwise interacting or transacting with Sunshine Blinds, you acknowledge, agree and consent to Sunshine Blinds use of your personal information in the manner set out above in this 3. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in that manner, please contact the Sunshine Blinds Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com.
This website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only, and Sunshine Blinds is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites. The use of such websites is at your own risk in all things.
Once any personal information comes into Sunshine Blinds possession, Sunshine Blinds will take reasonable steps to protect that information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure, so while Sunshine Blinds strive to protect such information Sunshine Blinds cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Sunshine Blinds and you do so at your own risk.
5. Access to information
If you wish to request access to any personal information which Sunshine Blinds may hold about you as a result of Sunshine Blinds information collection practices set out in 3 above, please contact the Sunshine Blinds Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide Sunshine Blinds as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek in order to help Sunshine Blinds retrieve it. Sunshine Blinds will deal with such a request in accordance with the requirements of the NPPs.
“Sunshine Blinds” means Sunshine Blinds (Vic) Pty. Ltd. ACN 153 184 340.
“Sunshine Blinds website” and “this website” means the website at www.sunshineblinds.com.au.
“You” and “Your” means the person or entity who accesses this website or otherwise transacts or interacts with Sunshine Blinds.
8. Contact details